In order to receive payments on your site (for subscriptions, ads, sponsor blocks, e-gifts, etc) it is necessary to set up a payment gateway for your site. By default, phpFox offers PayPal as a payment gateway.
This assumes you are already logged in as the Admin user and are logged into the AdminCP.
- Click Settings >> Payment Gateways.
- Click on the drop-down option at the left of the gateway, and select "Edit Gateway Settings".
- A popup form will come up to fill in as you want. This example shows Paypal.
- Name of the Gateway as you want to display it.
- A description that your users will see.
- Active: Set to Yes to activate this or No to deactivate it.
- Test Mode: Set to Yes to test the gateway (by purchasing stuff in the front end to see how the payments are working). Set to No to have it a live gateway.
- PayPal Email: Where you want payments for things like subscriptions, ads, etc to go.
- Click Update to finish setting up.