You are using phpFox version earlier than 4.6.0? Please refer instruction for this article here.
- phpFox 4.5+
One of the simple definition of Shoutbox - A small chat box provides a chat-like feature that allows site members to quickly leave messages on your community. phpFox shoutbox, in simplest form, is lists of short messages, possibly with information about their authors.
- Add Shoutbox block in Homepage, Page Detail page and Group Detail page. The blocks are located in block 3 at default but admin can move them to any blocks.
- Site Admin can enable/disable Shoutbox block.
- Site admin can control who can add a new message to Shoutbox.
- Site admin can control who can view Shoutbox block.
- Admin of Pages/Groups can control who can add a new message to Shoutbox on their Pages/Groups.
- Admin of Pages/Groups can control who can view Shoutbox block on their Pages/Groups.
|1||Enable shoutbox on home page||Enable/disable the Shoutbox block on Home page.|
|2||Enable shoutbox on Pages detail||Enable/disable the Shoutbox block on Pages Detail pages.|
|3||Enable shoutbox on Groups detail||Enable/disable the Shoutbox block on Groups Detail pages.|
|4||Max request time (in second) for each polling request. Accepted value (5-30). If you use other value, it will become 7||Configure max request time for each polling request.|
User Group Settings
|1||Can view shoutbox||Decide the User Group Members can view Shoutbox block.|
|2||Can share a new shoutbox||Decide the User Group Members can add messages to Shoutbox.|
Screenshots and Detail Descriptions
|2||User Group Settings|
|3||Shoutbox in Home Page|