You are using phpFox version earlier than 4.6.0? Please refer instruction for this article here.
If you are unsure if your web server meets our products requirements, simply contact your host and send them this page.
|Web Server||Apache or (NginX + fpm)|
PHP 7.x (7.1 - 7.3) is recommended.
|MySQL Version||4.1 or higher|
|PHP EXEC function||Required|
|PHP Multibyte String||Required|
|PHP XML extension||Required|
|PHP memory_limit||128M or higher|
|Apache mod_rewrite (optional)||Required for Short URLs|
|PHP exif_read_data (optional)||For checking to rotate uploaded photos automatically.|
|Redis Cache + NodeJS||Optional (Only required if using Instant Messaging app)|
Additional Requirement for the Video App
If you want to allow users to upload videos from their computer, your server must be able to encode/transcode videos so that they can be displayed on your website properly. So:
- You can either use the Zencoder video encoding service
- OR you must have FFMPEG installed on your server. Be aware that video encoding/transcoding is a CPU-intension task and can take a long time to run, you should only install it on a dedicated environment such as a dedicated server. If you are using Shared Hosting or VPS / Cloud Hosting environments, be sure to check with your hosting provider to see if they allow this encoding task.
Testing Server Requirements
1. Download our test script.
2. Unzip and upload the phpfox.php to your web server.
3. Visit the script via your web browser. (e.g. http://www.yoursite.com/phpfox.php)