What is app?
phpFox separate application structure to App, App provide a new function, giving new blocks that administrators put into template,
integrate phpFox with external platforms etc Amazon S3, even modify the way phpFox platform work.
Creating a New App
The best way to get things started is to create a small app showing the most common API functions we use.
Our example create a TodoList, it's a simple todolist application, allow members share to do list.
To create an app, go to AdminCP -> Apps -> New App -> put YOUR_APP_ID on the popup -> Click submit.
Then check the folder /PF.Site/Apps/YOUR_APP_ID/, you will see some default files and folders there.
Describe App Structure
- Ajax: This directory contains Ajax handler classes
- Block: This directory contains block classes
- Controller: This directory contains controller classes
- Service: This directory contains service classes
- hooks: This directory contains plugin scripts
- views: This directory contain template scripts
- phrase.json: This file declares language phrases
- icon.png: This is icon of your app
- Install.php: This file contains installation script of your app
- start.php: This file contains bootstrap scripts.
Write Your First Controller
Add new php class IndexController under directory ./PF.Site/Apps/TodoList/Controller/
paste example code.
Add new template file index.html.php under /PF.Site/Apps/FirstApp/views/controller,
paste following code
Now we define route to define configurations, edit start.php, paste following code.
Open browse, in address bar append /index.php/to-do-list/, then see the result.
All your php classes must have namespace Apps\TodoList, This help autoloader know where to load scripts.
Add Main Menu
Main menu will be added automatically by phpFox, edit Install.php,
update function setAlias
update function setOthers
In case you want to use a defined phrase for menu label, you can use the below script
Then update your app to apply your modification. How to update app configurations
Open browser again, see result:
Buttons menu is handle by Template service, you get template service from anywhere using
Phpfox::getLib('template'), within controller, service you can invoke method template() to get the Template service.
pasted code into IndexController.php
Click on ADD TO DO, a not found page will be shown, The next chapter will guide you how to
create new controller to handle Add process, show input form about to do list task, store item to database.