You are using phpFox version earlier than 4.6.0? Please refer instruction for this article here.
The CAPTCHA App is a system testing whether the user is human or not. It is a popular tool since it prevents spam attacks and protects websites from bots.
To Enable CAPTCHA app, you will need to login to your AdminCP. Go to Apps >> Installed >> Captcha
- In the Captcha app, you'd be able to select the Captcha Type
If you select reCaptcha as the Captcha type, you would need to follow the instructions below.
The reCAPTCHA app is a great way to help control spam on your website. In order to enable this nice feature, you'll need to first set up your Google reCAPTCHA account.
- Add a Label so you know which site this is for.
- Add your domain like yourdomain.com . It will be for the full domain range so if you have subfolders or subdomains, it will work for those.
- Choose if you want to get alerts if Google detects problems with your site, such as misconfiguration errors or an increase in suspicious traffic.
- Register to save this domain.
Once you've Registered it, you'll get the Site Key and Secret Key. Copy those as you'll need them for the next step.
- Go back to AdminCP >> Apps >> Captcha >> Paste the reCaptcha Key here
- SAVE CHANGES
It's always a good idea to clear your site's cache after adding anything.
After setting up Captcha, you can enable captcha on login and registration.
The easiest way to do so is by searching for 'captcha' in the search box of Admin CP, you will see 2 options 'Captcha on Login' & 'Captcha on Registration'.
Select each one respectively then switch to Yes to enable each setting.
Remember to hit Save Changes to save each setting.
Now registration form and login form of your site will be protected by Captcha. Users need to finish the captcha before submitting the form.